I've decided I'm going to do it.
All a person really needs is a strong desire to do something. Well...that and a supportive push. ;-)
Thanks to the kind words of others, I'm going to do it.
I love art. Looking at it and creating it. Pretty faces...lines and colors. Art is all around us. This blog is where I will share the images captured by my eyes (and my lens!) Recording my journey as an amatuer photographer.
I'm using a Nikon D5100 with AF-S lens kit. I also have an AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6 G IF-ED. For so many years I wanted a decent digital camera. I have always taken tons and tons of photos. But never with the quality I so desired. Purchasing this camera for myself was my "big thing." You know, that thing that is kind of ridiculously expensive. But you buy it anyways. I heard once that every woman should buy atleast one ridiculously expensive item before she turns thirty. I'm a mother of two little girls. Buying expensive things for myself was something I had never done. Its something I never do. However, in hindsite, I realized this. And I'm pretty happy that I indulged myself.
 |
| Easter 2012 ~ Ring -Around-the-Rosy (Taken by Sara Letson) |
I am excited to document my journey. And familiarize myself with blogging at the same time! I have dabbled in blogging before, but didn't fully commit. With my addiction to taking photos I don't think that will be a problem this time. :-)
Since I purchased my DSLR, I have harrassed my family for every photo opportunity I can get. I have a small backload of photos I will begin to post. Then I am looking forward to capturing images of whatever and whoever I can. I'm sure that (some of) my facebook friends will be glad that I have somewhere else to share my pictures. Haha.
Let the journey begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment