Monday, June 25, 2012

Official.

Drumroll Please...

 



This is it!! My brand new logo for my business. :-)

When I decided I wanted to take photographs as an entrepenuer, I knew that I wanted to brand myself. Even though I am totally an amatuer, I don't plan on staying one forever! In order to build a successful business one must have a solid foundation.

After a little deliberation I settled on a name for my blog and my business venture. I had an idea in the back of my mind that I thought would work out perfectly...
See, if doesn't jump out at you, kiwi literally is me. The first letters of my first and last names. And to make things even more perfect, a kiwi can be made to look like an aperture.

I had a name and had started my blog, now I needed to mark my photos. I wanted to be able to share my photos with my family, friends and potential customers while letting them know who took it. Word of mouth is one of the most powerful selling tools there is. With the technology of social media these days, your friends can see your "likes" without even asking. If someone happens to "like" or "share" a photo I have taken, then others who do not know me, will know that I am the photographer.

Things could not have played out better. An aquaintance of mine has started a photography business. She came across a graphic designer on Etsy to make a logo for her. The bright and playful design of the illustrator led me to the etsy shop. Once I got there I was thrilled. Not only was it exactly what I was looking for in colors and playful designs, but very resonable in price as well! Modern Elizabeth for modern branding. I was very excited to see if the designer could make my vision a reality. I messaged her for a custom order and had a response with previews in barely over an hour!

Less than 24 hours later I had my very own logo. Exactly what I was looking for.
It makes the whole thing seem that much more real. My next step is to make myself some real life business cards! I have plans for a couple of shoots so I can work on my skills, and I can't wait to share the photos with my new logo and watermarks. For now I plan to apply them to some that I have taken over the last few months.

One of the things I would like to practice is working with photoshop. I've never really used it. Personally I love natural photos. With an occasional color change to b&w or sephia. A few little tweaks here and there that I can do with my camera. However, with that being said, I do know that sometimes the occasion calls for more tweaking. I'm a great self-teacher, so we'll see how it goes! ;-)









No comments:

Post a Comment